Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2015

It's a hard enough life...



Thanks Chris for speaking out!


Just got my W-2's (aka: W-BOO's), so I decided to compare them to my old ones, so sad and so depressing. Since 2012, I have lost over $2700 in income, since 2009-$4200, and since 2007-$7450. Compared to last year's, I am making $1019 less.

Here's the sticking point-compared to 7 years ago (been teaching for 13 years) I am doing ten times the work-worthless portfolios, multiple trainings where I am having to stay until 6 or 7 at night to plan (I have to present these to teacher's during District Wednesday, as the district is too cheap to pay for the trainer to do them for everybody) and not getting paid (I was told that the trainings were being held during school hours and under contract time, therefore the extra planning was my fault), and having a HORRIBLE evaluation tool where even though I was HIGHLY EFFECTIVE last year, I was told that I would be lucky to be EFFECTIVE this year (so that the district would not have to pay so much performance pay).


I work my ass off, dedicate my life to my work, yet I have to live paycheck to paycheck. I don't even make enough to support myself and my dog, much less the family that I would like to have. I am very lucky if I can pull in $840 every two weeks ($420 weekly), which after paying my house payment (I live in a manufactured home that was made in 1996), 1 credit card, 1 USED car payment (2006), insulin and prescription food for my dog, 1 cell phone payment ($60 a month), and my utilities, leaves me with about $50-75 to buy groceries, etc. for the month.

I have cut EVERYTHING that I can-trash service, home warranty, satellite, going ANYWHERE, even buying groceries! I am TIRED of it, as I know many of my friends are. I am 35 years old and wishing for retirement everyday. I am a responsible person, never spending extravagantly. I love my students and my job, but am sick of pandering to people that don't appreciate me. These WORTHLESS individuals make triple the amount that I do, yet seem to think that they know what is best for me. I am constantly having to PROVE myself, when it should be them that should do that.




If you enjoyed reading my post please follow my blog!  Click here to follow my posts!

Like my page on Facebook www.facebook.com/IAmWhatITeach

No comments:

Post a Comment